Dee Mitchell just called From Dallas; after 23 years he's cashed out the dusty stock option Half Price Books gave him in in the early 80's, before anyone knew it would be worth something, and retired with enough money to "keep me in genteel poverty for the rest of my life". The bookseller's loss is the artworld's gain.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015