A good commercial gallery website must have: up-do-date show info with images, an archive and info on future shows;artists’ bio/CV with lots of images and links to their personal websites (and, it should go without saying, good, functional design with no frigging intro video). So here our our TX faves in the category:1. Gallery Sonja Roesch (Houston) 2. Conduit Gallery (Dallas) 3. Lora Reynolds (Austin) 4. Webb Gallery (Waxahachie) 5. Hooks-Epstein (Houston) Honorable mention goes to: Volitant, Yard Dog, Marty Walker, Gallery 414, William Campbell, Holly Johnson, Gerald Peters and Lombardi. Most out-of-date and hardest design to use awards both go to REM Gallery (featuring a current exhibit from September ’04)!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017