A good commercial gallery website must have: up-do-date show info with images, an archive and info on future shows;artists’ bio/CV with lots of images and links to their personal websites (and, it should go without saying, good, functional design with no frigging intro video). So here our our TX faves in the category:1. Gallery Sonja Roesch (Houston) 2. Conduit Gallery (Dallas) 3. Lora Reynolds (Austin) 4. Webb Gallery (Waxahachie) 5. Hooks-Epstein (Houston) Honorable mention goes to: Volitant, Yard Dog, Marty Walker, Gallery 414, William Campbell, Holly Johnson, Gerald Peters and Lombardi. Most out-of-date and hardest design to use awards both go to REM Gallery (featuring a current exhibit from September ’04)!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017