MoMA‘s the latest institution to announce big bucks for Latin American acquisitions, in addition to creating a new curatorial position dedicated to Latin American and Carribean art. MoMA won’t confirm the exact amount they’re throwing down, but they say it’s "in the 7 figures." This is new competition to the Blanton and MFAH, both of which have been working to build Latin American collections.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017