Austin art institutions are collaborating on a nudge-nudge-wink-wink for the recently monied of the city, bringing in Raymond Nasher and Linda Pace to join local collectors Jeanne and Michael Klein, big guns all, for a public discussion on collecting and philanthropy, Sunday, Nov. 12, 2-3:30 pm at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. Says organizer Ed Vaughan “Austin is relatively new to the support of major cultural institutions.” Putting it mildly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017