Among the nice-but-not-earth-shattering mostly modern offerings at the Nasher Sculpture Center is the outstanding Quantum Cloud XX (tornado), by Antony Gormley. Honorable mention goes to Zaar, an early Chamberlain, and Jonathan Borofsky‘s goofy-yet-magical Walking to the Sky. If you haven’t been recently, it’s a pleasant way to spend an hour. Good gift shop, too.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017