Tyler Green’s Modern Art Notes blog reminds us today that the MFAH has the 2nd highest endowment after the Met (and not counting the Getty, which, as Green points out, is a different animal). We sure would love to see the MFAH use their wealth to do fewer dog and pony shows (or dog and baseball and Star Wars shows) and more of the good stuff. Still. It’s nice to have a rich institution around (and even the Met trots out celebrity dresses every few years).
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017