The Menil and Rice University have teamed up to present a series of lectures on museum architecture in the post-Bilbao world. The series kicks off Sept. 19 with artist James Turrell and winds on through next spring with Terrence Riley, director of the Miami Art Museum; artist Maya Lin and Barry Bergdoll, curator of architecture and design at MoMA. Also on tap this fall at the Menil is their terrific artist’s eye series, and NYT art critic Michael Kimmelman.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017