Congrats to Amber Kappes, recent UT-Permian Basin grad and the only Texas finalist in last year’s Outwin Boochever Portrait Competitionat the National Portrait Gallery!! Kappes’ painting, Shaela and Elliott, was one of 51 finalists from over 4,000 entries. The show will be on view in D.C. through Feb. 19, 2007.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010