Congrats to Amber Kappes, recent UT-Permian Basin grad and the only Texas finalist in last year’s Outwin Boochever Portrait Competitionat the National Portrait Gallery!! Kappes’ painting, Shaela and Elliott, was one of 51 finalists from over 4,000 entries. The show will be on view in D.C. through Feb. 19, 2007.
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017