So it turns out that the marital/working relationship of Peter and Frances Marzio (director and curator at the MFAH, respectively) isn’t as rare as one might think (or as was suggested in the news, below). Writes a GT reader: “Offhand I can cite the marriage ofAnne d’Harnoncourt, director of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and Joseph Rishel, head of that institution’s department of European Art. Closer to home, Kimberley and Ken Tomio are director and curator respectively at the Tyler Museum of Art.” Well, there ya go.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017