Houston folk artist Henry Ray Clark (aka “Magnificent Pretty Boy”) died July 29 from a gunshot wound he sustained during a July 13 break-in of his home. A previously planned exhibition this November at the Galveston Art Center will now include momentos from Clark’s life, in addition to his drawings.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016