Houston folk artist Henry Ray Clark (aka “Magnificent Pretty Boy”) died July 29 from a gunshot wound he sustained during a July 13 break-in of his home. A previously planned exhibition this November at the Galveston Art Center will now include momentos from Clark’s life, in addition to his drawings.
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017