We have to admit to feeling lukewarm when we heard of the Cynthia Mitchell collaboration thing over at UH — after all, too many performing/ visual arts joint efforts have resulted in schmaltzy badness in the past. But blow us down, if they aren’t not only not lame, but cooking!! Check out the rest of their spring lineup: The Neo-Futurists this weekend, and a night of new media art in conjunction with Media Archeology. Really, really good-looking stuff, and one of the most exciting things happening in Texas right now. Good for UH.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017