It feels like we keep losing the ones we love these days. We are saddened to report that Texas sculptor Jim Love died Tuesday, May 10, 2005. Love was known both for his large, distinctive public sculptures as well as his intimate, often humorous, little steel works, many of which are in the collections of the MFAH, DMA and Menil Collection. The Menil will exhibit sculptures by Love acquired as a recent gift from collector William J. Hill this summer, and a major retrospective is scheduled at the CAM in April 2006.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017