Congratulations to Mari Carmen Ramírez, Wortham Curator of Latin American Art at the MFAH, who just received the Bard College Center for Curatorial Studies award for Curatorial excellence!! Last year this award went to the late Walter Hopps, and honors a curator who has made a lasting contribution to the trade. Mari Carmen’s shows on Gego and Avant-Garde art in Latin America have been big hits here in Houston. She rocks!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017