After many foiled attempts over the decades, Art League Houston is finally getting rid its unloveably decrepit buildings on the corner of Montrose and Willard, and they’re celebrating the demolition with temporary installations by Dean Ruck and Dan Havel, who, we are told, “will create a large funnel-like vortex beginning from the west wall… the exterior skin of the houses will be peeled off and used to create a narrowing spiral….” Golly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010