After many foiled attempts over the decades, Art League Houston is finally getting rid its unloveably decrepit buildings on the corner of Montrose and Willard, and they’re celebrating the demolition with temporary installations by Dean Ruck and Dan Havel, who, we are told, “will create a large funnel-like vortex beginning from the west wall… the exterior skin of the houses will be peeled off and used to create a narrowing spiral….” Golly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017