After many foiled attempts over the decades, Art League Houston is finally getting rid its unloveably decrepit buildings on the corner of Montrose and Willard, and they’re celebrating the demolition with temporary installations by Dean Ruck and Dan Havel, who, we are told, “will create a large funnel-like vortex beginning from the west wall… the exterior skin of the houses will be peeled off and used to create a narrowing spiral….” Golly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017