After many foiled attempts over the decades, Art League Houston is finally getting rid its unloveably decrepit buildings on the corner of Montrose and Willard, and they’re celebrating the demolition with temporary installations by Dean Ruck and Dan Havel, who, we are told, “will create a large funnel-like vortex beginning from the west wall… the exterior skin of the houses will be peeled off and used to create a narrowing spiral….” Golly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016