Everybody but everybody’s talking about the Dallas Museum of Art and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston both recently announcing that they’re simply ROLLING IN DOUGH. Whoopee!! The DMA was given significant works by a bevy of Dallas collectors, including the famed Richard Meier-designed house of Cindy And Howard Rachofsky (and the contents thereof). Not to be outdone, the MFAH simultaneously announced that, once all the pennies are counted, the bequest of Caroline Weiss Law may reach $450 million, making it the biggest one-time cash donation to a U.S. museum EVER!!! Take that, Metropolitan Museum of Art!! Take that, Mo-oh-oh-MA!!!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017