And here we thought Latin America was the big thing… This January, a host of Houston museums are mounting interesting-looking shows inspired by recent art from Africa, particularly the collection of Internet venture capital mogul Jean Pigozzi. Look for shows featuring contemporary African artists, recent African-American art, and historical artworks and ephemera about slavery in the U.S. at the big three museums, as well as at TSU’s University Museum and UH’s Blaffer Gallery. Looks really good.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017