And here we thought Latin America was the big thing… This January, a host of Houston museums are mounting interesting-looking shows inspired by recent art from Africa, particularly the collection of Internet venture capital mogul Jean Pigozzi. Look for shows featuring contemporary African artists, recent African-American art, and historical artworks and ephemera about slavery in the U.S. at the big three museums, as well as at TSU’s University Museum and UH’s Blaffer Gallery. Looks really good.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017