Award season is upon us, and the International Association of Art Critics has announced its winners for 2003-2004. Amongst those honored are Inverted Utopias, curated by the MFAH’s Mari Carmen Ramirez and Hector Olea, which tied for Best Thematic Museum Show Nationally. The Chuck Close Prints show, curated by Terrie Sultan at UH’s Blaffer Gallery, won second prize for Best Monographic Museum Show Nationally. Of interest is the Terry Allen Dugout I show, which got second prize for Best Show in a Commercial Gallery Nationally at L.A. Louver Gallery, despite the fact that it premiered at Dallas’ then- Pillsbury Peters Gallery.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017