Award season is upon us, and the International Association of Art Critics has announced its winners for 2003-2004. Amongst those honored are Inverted Utopias, curated by the MFAH’s Mari Carmen Ramirez and Hector Olea, which tied for Best Thematic Museum Show Nationally. The Chuck Close Prints show, curated by Terrie Sultan at UH’s Blaffer Gallery, won second prize for Best Monographic Museum Show Nationally. Of interest is the Terry Allen Dugout I show, which got second prize for Best Show in a Commercial Gallery Nationally at L.A. Louver Gallery, despite the fact that it premiered at Dallas’ then- Pillsbury Peters Gallery.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010