Award season is upon us, and the International Association of Art Critics has announced its winners for 2003-2004. Amongst those honored are Inverted Utopias, curated by the MFAH’s Mari Carmen Ramirez and Hector Olea, which tied for Best Thematic Museum Show Nationally. The Chuck Close Prints show, curated by Terrie Sultan at UH’s Blaffer Gallery, won second prize for Best Monographic Museum Show Nationally. Of interest is the Terry Allen Dugout I show, which got second prize for Best Show in a Commercial Gallery Nationally at L.A. Louver Gallery, despite the fact that it premiered at Dallas’ then- Pillsbury Peters Gallery.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017