Award season is upon us, and the International Association of Art Critics has announced its winners for 2003-2004. Amongst those honored are Inverted Utopias, curated by the MFAH’s Mari Carmen Ramirez and Hector Olea, which tied for Best Thematic Museum Show Nationally. The Chuck Close Prints show, curated by Terrie Sultan at UH’s Blaffer Gallery, won second prize for Best Monographic Museum Show Nationally. Of interest is the Terry Allen Dugout I show, which got second prize for Best Show in a Commercial Gallery Nationally at L.A. Louver Gallery, despite the fact that it premiered at Dallas’ then- Pillsbury Peters Gallery.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016