Glass as a medium in Texas is floating on the newswires these days. Glass: The UrbanGlass Art Quarterly has a featurette in its current issue about an upcoming glass exhibition at the Arts Alliance Center in Clear Lake. A new website on Texas glass art has been created, and on top of that, Austin Art Glass has a new location on South Congress. For those of you who haven’t seen Imprint of an Angel, the spectacular glass sculpture by Stanislav Libensky and Jaroslava Brychtova in the MFAH‘s collection, stop up your skepticism and git!
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017