Glass as a medium in Texas is floating on the newswires these days. Glass: The UrbanGlass Art Quarterly has a featurette in its current issue about an upcoming glass exhibition at the Arts Alliance Center in Clear Lake. A new website on Texas glass art has been created, and on top of that, Austin Art Glass has a new location on South Congress. For those of you who haven’t seen Imprint of an Angel, the spectacular glass sculpture by Stanislav Libensky and Jaroslava Brychtova in the MFAH‘s collection, stop up your skepticism and git!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010