Some Denton folks may remember seeing Gina Dawson’s idiosyncratic drawings around town a few years ago while she was a student at UNT. Now, she’s making her NYC debut in a group exhibition titled Relentless Proselytizers (curated by David Hunt) at Feigen Contemporary. In her most ambitious work to date, Ms. Dawson stands by a large-scale faux marble replica of Tex and John Ritter and their horse White Flash while Tex plays the guitar.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017