Alex Gray, formerly with ArtPace and Artadia, has curated the opening show at Ballroom Marfa. OPTIMO: Manifestations of Optimism in Contemporary Art, will open the weekend of April 23-24 in West Texas. Gray has brought together nine artists “whose works celebrate life, incorporating visual pleasure, humor, interactivity, color, technology, design, politics, landscape, spirituality and popular culture.” Included are Polly Apfelbaum, Martin Creed, Karen Finley, Forcefield, Emily Jacir, Beatriz Milhazes, Takashi Murakami, Adam Pendleton, & Leo Villareal. Golly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017