Alex Gray, formerly with ArtPace and Artadia, has curated the opening show at Ballroom Marfa. OPTIMO: Manifestations of Optimism in Contemporary Art, will open the weekend of April 23-24 in West Texas. Gray has brought together nine artists “whose works celebrate life, incorporating visual pleasure, humor, interactivity, color, technology, design, politics, landscape, spirituality and popular culture.” Included are Polly Apfelbaum, Martin Creed, Karen Finley, Forcefield, Emily Jacir, Beatriz Milhazes, Takashi Murakami, Adam Pendleton, & Leo Villareal. Golly.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017