The folks from Artadia, including new director Amada Cruz, are coming to Houston this weekend to suss things out for their next round of grants to Houston artists, scheduled for later this year. According to founder Chris Vroom, Artadia (of famous memory after their controversial round of Houston grants in May 2003), is planning some changes “both nuanced and concrete.” Amongst the expanded programs will be exhibition and catalog components. Big kudos to them for taking the criticism of last year in stride, and making what look to be significant and positive changes to the program.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017