The folks from Artadia, including new director Amada Cruz, are coming to Houston this weekend to suss things out for their next round of grants to Houston artists, scheduled for later this year. According to founder Chris Vroom, Artadia (of famous memory after their controversial round of Houston grants in May 2003), is planning some changes “both nuanced and concrete.” Amongst the expanded programs will be exhibition and catalog components. Big kudos to them for taking the criticism of last year in stride, and making what look to be significant and positive changes to the program.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017