Thanks to UT Austin’s Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center, Boston art-goers have recently had the rare opportunity to view several examples of historical “spirit photographs”. Alongside a handful of contemporary “spirit photographers”, the selection of vintage photographs of purported spirits, séances, and otherworldly phenomena is the only saving grace to an otherwise benumbing exhibition entitled Concerning the Spiritual in Photography on view at Boston University’s Photographic Resource Center.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Breaking Bread - November 23rd, 2017
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017