Ex-Texan and now New Yorker Giles Lyon recently made a quick appearance on NBC’s The Apprentice. The March 3 episode challenged contestants to choose an artist from a group of four, and then market their artwork to the public. In a studio visit in front of the camera, Giles discussed his practice of embedding pieces from his body (like underarm hair or toenail clippings) into his abstract paintings. Sadly for them, the show’s contestants eventually chose other artists than Lyon.
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017