Ex-Texan and now New Yorker Giles Lyon recently made a quick appearance on NBC’s The Apprentice. The March 3 episode challenged contestants to choose an artist from a group of four, and then market their artwork to the public. In a studio visit in front of the camera, Giles discussed his practice of embedding pieces from his body (like underarm hair or toenail clippings) into his abstract paintings. Sadly for them, the show’s contestants eventually chose other artists than Lyon.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016