Ex-Texan and now New Yorker Giles Lyon recently made a quick appearance on NBC’s The Apprentice. The March 3 episode challenged contestants to choose an artist from a group of four, and then market their artwork to the public. In a studio visit in front of the camera, Giles discussed his practice of embedding pieces from his body (like underarm hair or toenail clippings) into his abstract paintings. Sadly for them, the show’s contestants eventually chose other artists than Lyon.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016