Ex-Texan and now New Yorker Giles Lyon recently made a quick appearance on NBC’s The Apprentice. The March 3 episode challenged contestants to choose an artist from a group of four, and then market their artwork to the public. In a studio visit in front of the camera, Giles discussed his practice of embedding pieces from his body (like underarm hair or toenail clippings) into his abstract paintings. Sadly for them, the show’s contestants eventually chose other artists than Lyon.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017