Ex-Texan and now New Yorker Giles Lyon recently made a quick appearance on NBC’s The Apprentice. The March 3 episode challenged contestants to choose an artist from a group of four, and then market their artwork to the public. In a studio visit in front of the camera, Giles discussed his practice of embedding pieces from his body (like underarm hair or toenail clippings) into his abstract paintings. Sadly for them, the show’s contestants eventually chose other artists than Lyon.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010