Houston’s cluster of galleries on Colquitt St. (a.k.a. “Gallery Row”) seems to be growing. There’s a new stretch of spaces on Richmond, just east of Colquitt, that look good. Sicardi and McClain have been in their nice digs for a while now, and the new photography space DeSantos has a lovely building as well. Finally, we’ll all be able to get to ArtScan and Rudolph Projects without fighting to get over the Main St. bridge, as they’re moving to an older building on Richmond to be renovated and open this May.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010