Houston’s cluster of galleries on Colquitt St. (a.k.a. “Gallery Row”) seems to be growing. There’s a new stretch of spaces on Richmond, just east of Colquitt, that look good. Sicardi and McClain have been in their nice digs for a while now, and the new photography space DeSantos has a lovely building as well. Finally, we’ll all be able to get to ArtScan and Rudolph Projects without fighting to get over the Main St. bridge, as they’re moving to an older building on Richmond to be renovated and open this May.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016