Houston’s cluster of galleries on Colquitt St. (a.k.a. “Gallery Row”) seems to be growing. There’s a new stretch of spaces on Richmond, just east of Colquitt, that look good. Sicardi and McClain have been in their nice digs for a while now, and the new photography space DeSantos has a lovely building as well. Finally, we’ll all be able to get to ArtScan and Rudolph Projects without fighting to get over the Main St. bridge, as they’re moving to an older building on Richmond to be renovated and open this May.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016