Houston’s cluster of galleries on Colquitt St. (a.k.a. “Gallery Row”) seems to be growing. There’s a new stretch of spaces on Richmond, just east of Colquitt, that look good. Sicardi and McClain have been in their nice digs for a while now, and the new photography space DeSantos has a lovely building as well. Finally, we’ll all be able to get to ArtScan and Rudolph Projects without fighting to get over the Main St. bridge, as they’re moving to an older building on Richmond to be renovated and open this May.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017