Austin artist Troy Brauntuch is exhibiting currently at the Friedrich Petzel Gallery in NYC. The show also features work by Keith Edmier and Richard Phillips and runs through February 14. An important figure in the 1980s appropriation movement surrounding Metro Pictures, Brauntuch has made significant contributions as a professor at UT since 1998. It is a real shame that no Texas gallery is showing this amazing artist. Other work by him can be viewed at the Mai 36 Galerie in Zurich.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017