At first we thought this was a hoax, but it’s true: the Irving Bible Church has opened a gallery space next to the Ugly Mug coffee shop in Irving. According to church sources, the space is not devoted to Christian-based work per se, and is being programmed by Donnie Copeland and Kyle Garrett, members of the congregation and students at the University of Dallas. Currently on view? Piles, an installation by Copeland of piles of fast food. Email him to propose shows.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017