The quadrennial show of Houston artists at Blaffer Gallery is here, and they want everyone from whippersnappers to established art heavies to apply!! This year they’ve gotten Bill Arning from the MIT List Center to curate. Arning will do an initial selection from slides, then do studio visitis with his short list. The new system might result in a smaller (better?) show, and should definitely be a richer experience for applicants. Contact Susan Conaway for application info.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017