That’s right, you heard it here first. September 22-24, John Hanhardt, Senior Curator of Film and Media at the Guggenheim, lectured on the moving image and its influence on contemporary art. And every seat was full! All three days! Though perhaps a success due to the large film community in Austin, the event nevertheless added a level of “seriousness” to local visual arts programming. The lecture, titled Mediated Discourses was presented by the Austin Museum of Art, the Austin Film Society, and Fluent Collaborative. If you build it, they will come.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017