The Art Guys (Mike Galbreth and Jack Massing) just brought their second two-man show to Cornell DeWitt Gallery in New York. The show, titled What’s the Big Idea?, features video sculpture, computer drawings, sound sculpture, and other new works employing technology in a low-brow fashion. 20 years have passed since their first art crimes in the Blue Sunday performance, but they are still causing trouble, presenting work that many would still consider criminal. Some people never change.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017