From the latest issue of Art & Auction: “[Ted Pillsbury] doesn’t rule out other potential offers for prominent museum jobs, including the directorship of the Frick Collection in New York. ‘I have taken this position in good faith,’ he says. ‘But, you know, I’m open.'” Pillsbury, former head of Ft. Worth’s Kimbell, tried his luck at the commercial side in a star-crossed venture with Gerald Peters, then moved on this past July to run SMU’s Meadows Museum.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010