From the latest issue of Art & Auction: “[Ted Pillsbury] doesn’t rule out other potential offers for prominent museum jobs, including the directorship of the Frick Collection in New York. ‘I have taken this position in good faith,’ he says. ‘But, you know, I’m open.'” Pillsbury, former head of Ft. Worth’s Kimbell, tried his luck at the commercial side in a star-crossed venture with Gerald Peters, then moved on this past July to run SMU’s Meadows Museum.
also by Rainey Knudson
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016