From the latest issue of Art & Auction: “[Ted Pillsbury] doesn’t rule out other potential offers for prominent museum jobs, including the directorship of the Frick Collection in New York. ‘I have taken this position in good faith,’ he says. ‘But, you know, I’m open.'” Pillsbury, former head of Ft. Worth’s Kimbell, tried his luck at the commercial side in a star-crossed venture with Gerald Peters, then moved on this past July to run SMU’s Meadows Museum.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016
- Should Houston Have an Art Fair? - October 16th, 2016