Finally, Scott Barber’s cancer is in remission. His therapy for the nasty strain that he was diagnosed with many months ago was completed recently. He’s currently getting ready for a solo show at Barry Whistler Gallery in September. The paintings, some of which include manipulated imagery of his cancer cells, will document this difficult period. It’s the most ambitious body of work that he has ever attempted. These paintings are stunningly beautiful. This promises to be an incredible show.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017