Finally, Scott Barber’s cancer is in remission. His therapy for the nasty strain that he was diagnosed with many months ago was completed recently. He’s currently getting ready for a solo show at Barry Whistler Gallery in September. The paintings, some of which include manipulated imagery of his cancer cells, will document this difficult period. It’s the most ambitious body of work that he has ever attempted. These paintings are stunningly beautiful. This promises to be an incredible show.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016