Finally, Scott Barber’s cancer is in remission. His therapy for the nasty strain that he was diagnosed with many months ago was completed recently. He’s currently getting ready for a solo show at Barry Whistler Gallery in September. The paintings, some of which include manipulated imagery of his cancer cells, will document this difficult period. It’s the most ambitious body of work that he has ever attempted. These paintings are stunningly beautiful. This promises to be an incredible show.
also by Rainey Knudson
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016
- Naming and Shaming: Deborah Roberts at Art Palace - November 21st, 2016
- All good dreamers pass this way some day: on the election, and art - November 15th, 2016
- Statement On Our Instagram Post - November 5th, 2016