Finally, Scott Barber’s cancer is in remission. His therapy for the nasty strain that he was diagnosed with many months ago was completed recently. He’s currently getting ready for a solo show at Barry Whistler Gallery in September. The paintings, some of which include manipulated imagery of his cancer cells, will document this difficult period. It’s the most ambitious body of work that he has ever attempted. These paintings are stunningly beautiful. This promises to be an incredible show.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Catching up with Okay Mountain - February 4th, 2011
- Two Great Shows, Part 1: Dan H. Phillips at Webb Gallery - December 16th, 2010
- Toby Kamps moves across town - July 14th, 2010
- Who's Afraid of the Big bad Show? - July 8th, 2010
- Dear Old Umeå, or Art Where It Never Gets Dark - June 24th, 2010