Finally, Scott Barber’s cancer is in remission. His therapy for the nasty strain that he was diagnosed with many months ago was completed recently. He’s currently getting ready for a solo show at Barry Whistler Gallery in September. The paintings, some of which include manipulated imagery of his cancer cells, will document this difficult period. It’s the most ambitious body of work that he has ever attempted. These paintings are stunningly beautiful. This promises to be an incredible show.
also by Rainey Knudson
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017