The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is pushing hard its show of works from the Museum of Modern Art, and deservedly so. MOMA arguably has the best collection of 20th century art anywhere, and most of its stars will be on view here (including, amongst a big roster, 3 fine Jackson Pollock paintings and a couple of Rauschenbergs, as well as Van Gogh’s Starry Night — arguably the Holy Grail of marketable art images).
Expect to see increasing hooha over this show (hopefully it will stop short of radio spots in which characters in paintings make small talk). The show opens in September, and MFAH is the only U.S. venue for the traveling collection.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017